Branch Manager I
1. Establishes goals and objectives for the assigned branch office and its employees and delegates
authority as appropriate to carry out goals and objectives. Hires, motivates, evaluates and
provides training for branch office employees.
2. Represents the association at local community activities. Promotes the association by
maintaining good public and member relations.
3. Generates new loan business, services existing loans and grows the loan portfolio of assigned
office. Completes loan analyses within the guidelines and policies of the association. Processes
and approves loan requests within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with
association guidelines. Prepares and submits loan requests that exceed delegated lending
authority to the appropriate management level along with recommendation for approval or
4. Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct
and performance status assignments are proper.
This job has been benchmarked to Branch Mgr. II
5. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and
6. Determines the eligibility and scope of financing for all new loans and ensures verification of
assets and liabilities. Secures background and credit history on new loans, repeat loans and
renewals. Provides for evaluation of loan collateral in accordance with association policies and
procedures. Ensures proper lien perfection on all collateral.
7. Maintains awareness of agricultural trends and business activity, FCA regulations, and legal
obligations. Ensures branch office operations comply with applicable policies, regulations and
laws. Prepares reports required by association management, the Board of Directors and
8. Coordinates the implementation of advertising and marketing programs.
9. Performs collections and management of association’s acquired property as required.
Specialized knowledge of banking administration and accounting policies, procedures, reports,
guidelines and banking regulations. Specialized knowledge of financial analysis and asset/liability
management. General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of
accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in
Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting/financial analyses.
Location: Scottsboro, AL
Reports to: Regional VP
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience and three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience, including at least one (1) year in a supervisory and/or Management position.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
loan servicing, business development, and personnel administration. Has considerable latitude for
decision making in the implementation of association goals.