Branch Operations Specialist - Scottsboro, AL
Alabama Farm Credit is an aggressively growing $1.1 billion Farm Credit association dedicated to the financial needs of our rural communities. In short, we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in rural America. A career at Alabama Farm Credit can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. The institution is headquartered in Cullman, AL with five offices that serve the northern twenty-seven (27) counties of Alabama. We continue to serve the agricultural related needs of the two major metropolitan areas of Alabama in Birmingham and Huntsville. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, “best in market” matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
- Ensures that customer services are provided, including opening accounts, providing customers with information, and resolving routine banking problems for customers.
- Assists in sales development activities.
- Confers and participates with the branch manager in resolving routine personnel issues.
- May supervise all branch operations in the absence of the branch manager.
- Assists the manager in the coordination of branch activities with other branches.
Basic knowledge of bank administration program. Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. Ability to communicate/coordinate effectively with all levels of management as well as with outside vendors; Ability to exercise sound judgment, use discretion and maintain confidentiality. A minimal degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to work with moderate supervision and to travel on a moderate basis. Skill in oral and written communication. Beginner to average level in Microsoft Office applications. Possesses analytical thinking and mathematical skills. Ability to work as part of a team.
Location: Scottsboro, AL
Reports to: Branch Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience and two (2) to five (5) years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience. A working knowledge of accounting policies, procedures, reports, guidelines, banking regulations, financial analysis and asset/liability management preferred.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assists in the supervision of an office for certain day-to-day activities. Assumes responsibility for a portion of the routine day-to-day operations of a medium sized, full-service branch. Has a wide degree of latitude for decision making in the implementation of association goals.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement (100%)
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Company paid clothing allowance
- Company paid cell phone and laptop