Certified General Appraiser
The Appraiser is responsible for simple to complex appraisals for agricultural properties.
Alabama Farm Credit is an aggressively growing $930 million Farm Credit association dedicated to the financial needs of our rural communities. In short, we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in rural America. A career at Alabama Farm Credit can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. The institution is headquartered in Cullman, AL with five offices that serve the northern twenty-seven (27) counties of Alabama. We continue to serve the agricultural related needs of the two major metropolitan areas of Alabama in Birmingham and Huntsville. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, “best in market” matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
Location: Administration Office - Cullman, AL
Reports to: Appraisal Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Forestry, or related field plus three (3) or more years of experience in the area of real estate appraisal with preferred emphasis on appraising agricultural properties. State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License required.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Prepares valuations or appraisals in connection with loans secured by agricultural properties with the development of valuations or appraisals of properties that may involve large and/or complex loans, specialized or highly improved properties, and acquired properties.
- Maintains comparable sales data, current improvement cost data, and other resource information required to make accurate evaluations. Communicates findings regarding land and chattel property value trends to management.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays • 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement (100%)
- Up to $800/year wellness reimbursement
- Company paid clothing allowance
- Association vehicle with unlimited personal mileage, company paid cell phone and laptop
Apply for this Position
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to: