- Performs collateral valuations including site inspections for environmental risks in compliance with district and association collateral evaluation standards and procedures on properties and other collateral throughout the association’s territory.
- Maintains comparable sales data, current improvement cost data, and other resource information required to make accurate evaluations. Communicates findings regarding land and chattel property value trends to management
- Prepares reports and all related correspondence.
- Prepares collateral valuation reports and all related correspondence.
- Assists in monitoring the standards of conduct within the appraisal services area. Ensure that all policies, procedures and regulations are adhered to as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of property and collateral evaluation methods. Specialized knowledge of real estate instruments and records. Skill in research and analysis of public records. Skill in oral and written communication. Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform valuations of agricultural producing properties under moderate supervision. Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to stand for limited periods of time. Frequent finger/hand manipulation (keyboard, office equipment, small hand tools, etc.), occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling while exerting up to 50 pounds of force.WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Frequent interaction with customers, association departmental staff and management. Occasional interaction with association senior management, CEO, and/or board of directors. Occasional interaction with Farm Credit Bank of Texas staff. Frequent interaction with area professionals including real estate agents, commercial bankers, and others who deal with the association in the normal course of business.
Location: Cullman, AL
Reports to: VP, Appraisal Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance or a related field, or equivalent experience and two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in finance and/or banking in the area of collateral evaluation or real estate evaluation.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE: