Alabama Farm Credit is an aggressively growing $1.1 billion Farm Credit association dedicated to the financial needs of our rural communities. In short, we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in rural America. A career at Alabama Farm Credit can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. The institution is headquartered in Cullman, AL with five offices that serve the northern twenty-seven (27) counties of Alabama. We continue to serve the agricultural related needs of the two major metropolitan areas of Alabama in Birmingham and Huntsville. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, “best in market” matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
- Assists loan officers in the analysis, servicing, and reporting of the association’s mortgage and commercial loans. Works directly with lending staff in the development of appropriate credit decisions and prepares other reports as requested by management.
- Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and tax returns to form an opinion of the strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan packages. Determines probability of Default (PD) ratings as appropriate and makes recommendations for approval or denial of loans.
- Interprets, communicates, and provides guidance to loan officers regarding association lending policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves loans submitted by other lending staff that exceed their delegated authority.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Assists senior-level credit analysts with complex loan applications as necessary.
Location: Cullman, AL
Reports to: Credit Analysis Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent experience and two (2) to four (4) years of experience in the administration and analysis of credit on commercial and mortgage loans including risk assessments and recommendations on approval of loan applications. SKILL REQUIREMENTS: General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under moderate supervision.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assists loan officers in the analysis, servicing, and reporting of the association’s mortgage and commercial loans. Fully competent professional, assignments are varied and moderately complex in nature, some latitude for decision making, works under moderate supervision.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement (100%)
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Company paid clothing allowance
- Company paid cell phone and laptop