- Undertakes an/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of department projects and initiatives within area of expertise.
- Interacts directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
- Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Rotates through different departments to learn about Alabama Farm Credit and how each department operates.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment according to detailed instructions, which may include computers, paper shredders, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
General knowledge of office equipment and systems used for the storage and retrieval of business information. General knowledge of standard records management and file classification practices. Knowledge of written correspondence principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
Frequent interaction with customers, association departmental staff and management. Occasional interaction with area professionals including real estate agents, commercial bankers, and others who deal with the association in the normal course of business.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to stand for limited periods of time. Frequent finger/hand manipulation (keyboard, office equipment, small hand tools, etc.), occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling while exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
POLICY AND COMPLIANCE:
Compliance with FCBT and Association technology and security standards is required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the supervisor.
This position may frequently become involved in or be made aware of confidential business or personal information as a result of interactions 1) arising under its Job Purpose and Scope, 2) arising from other assigned responsibilities or 3) with other employees. It is an expectation and requirement of the job that confidential information of the bank, its associations and their customers be handled in a professional manner and not be disclosed without approval or used for personal gain.
Non-compliance with privacy or confidential information requirements or expectations can result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Regular attendance is required in this job.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent and in the third or fourth year of a bachelor’s program at an accredited university.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs entry-level general office support that is somewhat varied in nature. Works under close supervision. This is a fixed term temporary position and usually lasts 90-120 days.