Loan Officer - Rainbow City, AL
1. Responsible for developing and marketing new business within their service area.
2. Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
3. Makes and services leases, loans for operating equipment and real estate, and offering other related services such as cash management products and crop insurances within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure, and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
4. Conducts simple to moderately complex credit analyses. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness. Maintains current, adequate, and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
5. Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordinations to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, reamortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, insurance claims, additional advances, extensions, and conversions.
6. Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
7. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
8. Performs collections on assigned loans and assists senior-level staff and management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
9. Assures that adequate insurance coverage is maintained as required by loan conditions and monitors ad valorem taxes to ensure that such taxes are paid on the security.
10. May assist with the title examination process on perspective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. Prepares loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable association and FCA policies and regulations.
May perform appraisals, inspections and/or collateral evaluations in compliance with district and Association standards and procedures. May assist with or attend public relations functions for the Association.
Location: Rainbow City, AL
Reports to: Branch Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience and two (2) or more years of experience as a loan officer or loan officer trainee.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement (100%)
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
- Company paid clothing allowance
- Company paid cell phone and laptop