Senior Credit Analyst
- Performs credit administration, financial analysis, monitoring and due diligence review of various financial packages and loan originations for the association and other reports as requested by management.
- Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and tax returns to form an opinion of the strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan packages. Determines probability of Default (PD) ratings as appropriate and makes recommendations for approval or denial of loans.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of loan relationships with other lenders, potential borrowers, applicants, members, participants, and loan referral sources.
- Assists in the development and closing of complex loans by assisting management and loan officers with analysis and negotiation of such credits.
- Acts upon association prior approval loans and loan servicing actions within personal delegated authority and prepares recommendations for loan committee on loans exceeding such delegated authority.
- Interprets, communicates, and provides guidance to loan officers regarding association lending policies and procedures.
- Interprets and acts upon various legal, title and other questions which may arise on loans.
- May assist in developing and administering lending programs, as well as developing and revising operating procedures relating to lending operations.
- Provides mentoring/training to less-senior credit analysts.
- Assists other association personnel in completing projects as assigned.
Location: Cullman, AL
Reports to: Credit Analysis Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent experience and Five (5) or more years of experience in the administration and analysis of complex credits on commercial and mortgage loans including experience in structuring and evaluating complex loan participations, credit relationships, and analysis of direct loans. SKILL REQUIREMENTS: General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform complex accounting/financial analyses under limited supervision.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE: