Work With Us
Who Are We
AFC is driven by the desire to make our customers successful. This can be mostly attributed to how many of our employees are also involved with agriculture or have farming background. I get up every morning excited to go to work because I get to help the Ag community and my co-workers.
Company culture is like no other. Everyone is so helpful and courteous. I can tell everyone enjoys the work they get to do. Really like a family at the office.
Alabama Farm Credit treats is employees and members like family. It is what sets us apart from every other business. Your voice is heard, your opinion matters and your hard work is rewarded.
I have been an employee of AFC for five years, and every year has been full of growth. I am thankful to be part of a working community that supports, encourages, and appreciates my contributions daily. Everyday is a new adventure with the opportunity to better yourself, your community and agriculture field.
People say they want a career a not just a job and that is something Alabama Farm Credit provides. I interned in 1995, and was hired full time in 1997. Since then, I've gained a background in legal documents, real estate titles, appraisals, and underwriting and farming operations ranging from wineries to timberland and a great deal in between. I've worked in two offices and made loans in over 20 Alabama counties. We're always growing and adjusting to meet our member and industry needs. AFC gave me a chance to have a career in agriculture that I didn't realize was possible growing up on the farm. And, I've made lifelong friends along the way.
Your career should be something that you enjoy. Here at Alabama Farm Credit, I enjoy being able to help grow the agriculture industry. I enjoy helping new, young, and established farmers succeed in their goals and dreams. I grew up in the cattle and poultry industries, but I have learned so much more while working here - more about what it takes to achieve those aspirations and dreams. We would love for you join our team, our Alabama Farm Credit family.
We have grown significantly over the last few years but, throughout, we have somehow managed to maintain a family atmosphere. The employees truly care about each other on both a personal and professional level. It is a great feeling to be able to work with people and for a company that makes you feel appreciated, and places value on investing in you. The spirit of teamwork is unlike anywhere I've ever worked.
Our Core Values
Our mission at Alabama Farm Credit is to be the premier lender of Rural Agricultural Credit and Financial Services in North Alabama. Part of staying true to this mission is by honoring and adhering to sound business practices and by measuring value against what’s most important to our members/borrowers.
The Association will adhere to the mission by:
- Being consistent with sound business practices.
- Maintaining the viability of a strong dependable lending organization.
- Measuring each action for its value to the member/borrower, both individually and collectively.
- Following the seven cooperative principles.
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans.
- 401K Plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program.
- Accommodations and flexible vacation and sick days.
- Up to $800/year health and wellness reimbursement.
- Employer-paid life insurance disability.
- 100% tuition reimbursement.
- 12 paid association holidays.
- Company-paid clothing allowance.
- Flexible sick leave.
Life at Alabama Farm Credit
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is primarily responsible for assisting loan officers with various loan processing duties as directed. The ideal candidate will foster customer relationships by telephone or in person by identifying and assessing customers’ needs in order to achieve maximum satisfaction. The CSR will perform various office administrative duties as directed by the Branch Operations Specialist and Branch Manager.
Location: Albertville Branch Office
Reports to: Branch Operations Specialist
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) to five (5) years of general office/clerical or customer service experience. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment required. Banking and agriculture experience preferred.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Organizes loan applicant information for review and analysis by loan officers and inputs pertinent loan data into delivery system.
- Collects loan payments from walk-in customers.
- Performs office support that is varied in nature, working under moderate supervision.
- Assists loan officers with various loan administrative and servicing duties as directed.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information regarding Alabama Farm Credit services while fostering good customer relations.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement (100%)
- Up to $800/year wellness reimbursement
- Company paid clothing allowance
- Company paid cell phone and laptop