Work With Us
Who Are We
AFC is driven by the desire to make our customers successful. This can be mostly attributed to how many of our employees are also involved with agriculture or have farming background. I get up every morning excited to go to work because I get to help the Ag community and my co-workers.
Company culture is like no other. Everyone is so helpful and courteous. I can tell everyone enjoys the work they get to do. Really like a family at the office.
Alabama Farm Credit treats is employees and members like family. It is what sets us apart from every other business. Your voice is heard, your opinion matters and your hard work is rewarded.
I have been an employee of AFC for five years, and every year has been full of growth. I am thankful to be part of a working community that supports, encourages, and appreciates my contributions daily. Everyday is a new adventure with the opportunity to better yourself, your community and agriculture field.
People say they want a career a not just a job and that is something Alabama Farm Credit provides. I interned in 1995, and was hired full time in 1997. Since then, I've gained a background in legal documents, real estate titles, appraisals, and underwriting and farming operations ranging from wineries to timberland and a great deal in between. I've worked in two offices and made loans in over 20 Alabama counties. We're always growing and adjusting to meet our member and industry needs. AFC gave me a chance to have a career in agriculture that I didn't realize was possible growing up on the farm. And, I've made lifelong friends along the way.
We have grown significantly over the last few years but, throughout, we have somehow managed to maintain a family atmosphere. The employees truly care about each other on both a personal and professional level. It is a great feeling to be able to work with people and for a company that makes you feel appreciated, and places value on investing in you. The spirit of teamwork is unlike anywhere I've ever worked.
Our Core Values
Our mission at Alabama Farm Credit is to be the premier lender of Rural Agricultural Credit and Financial Services in North Alabama. Part of staying true to this mission is by honoring and adhering to sound business practices and by measuring value against what’s most important to our members/borrowers.
The Association will adhere to the mission by:
- Being consistent with sound business practices.
- Maintaining the viability of a strong dependable lending organization.
- Measuring each action for its value to the member/borrower, both individually and collectively.
- Following the seven cooperative principles.
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans.
- 401K Plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program.
- Accommodations and flexible vacation and sick days.
- Up to $800/year health and wellness reimbursement.
- Employer-paid life insurance disability.
- 100% tuition reimbursement.
- 12 paid association holidays.
- Company-paid clothing allowance.
- Flexible sick leave.
Life at Alabama Farm Credit
Executive Assistant to the CEO
We are looking for an executive assistant to support and partner with the CEO. This person will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks while being a strategic thought partner to increase efficiency, collaborate cross-functionally, and manage crucial information and task with little supervision. This person will also be extremely proactive, organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of support for a fast-paced executive.
Crucial to this role is the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Equally important is strong business acumen, expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail.
Location: Administration Office - Cullman, Alabama
Reports to: CEO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience supporting a c-level executive from an administrative perspective required. Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field required, Master’s degree preferred. Strong communication skills High level of professionalism, confidentiality, and maturity at all times Ability to work overtime as needed An entrepreneurial approach to task management, ability to take control and manage tasks independently to closure Ability to adapt and adjust as needed to the ever-changing priorities in a fast-paced company Highly organized Proactively anticipate needs and dependencies without being asked or directed Excellent time management and prioritization Superior writing and editing skills Flexible and willing to perform other duties as requested Work well under pressure Strong attention to accuracy and detail, independent follow through on tasks A lifelong learner, constantly evolving, improving, and innovating Ability to interface with every level of the organization Efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct Ability to be connected after hours as needed
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase effectiveness and improve business operations in the Office of the CEO
- Ensure CEO is prepared and briefed for all meetings, compiling briefing documents for meetings, interviews, etc. Attend executive meetings and additional meetings as deemed necessary by the CEO, taking notes and providing follow-up on action items.
- Oversee the CEO’s day to day activities including maintain professional and personal calendars, manage travel arrangements for the CEO and board
- Organize CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence: drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications.
- Process expense reports, manage invoices, and run financial reports on behalf of the CEO
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Take the lead on the first draft of presentations or new analysis
- Protect operations by keeping sensitive information confidential and acting with a high level of maturity, while being a self-starter and highly proactive
- Collect and analyze information to prepare reports, briefing documents that prep CEO for meetings
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and potentially recording meeting discussions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to the encouragement of a high performing team culture
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO, plan ahead and be resourceful
- Prioritize and resolve conflicting needs with little to no guidance
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement (100%)
- Up to $800/year wellness reimbursement
- Company paid clothing allowance
- Company paid cell phone and laptop