Headquartered in Cullman, Alabama, we have five branch offices and one administrative office that serves the northern 27 counties of our state. We also serve the agricultural-related needs of the two major metropolitan areas of Alabama in Birmingham and Huntsville. Our cooperative helps fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology and otherwise improve life in rural America.
Feb 23, 2021, 17:03 PM
People say they want a career a not just a job and that is something Alabama Farm Credit provides. I interned in 1995, and was hired full time in 1997. Since then, I've gained a background in legal documents, real estate titles, appraisals, and underwriting and farming operations ranging from wineries to timberland and a great deal in between. I've worked in two offices and made loans in over 20 Alabama counties. We're always growing and adjusting to meet our member and industry needs. AFC gave me a chance to have a career in agriculture that I didn't realize was possible growing up on the farm. And, I've made lifelong friends along the way.
Author name :
Author position :
Regional Vice President East
Our Core Values
Our mission at Alabama Farm Credit is to be the premier lender of Rural Agricultural Credit and Financial Services in North Alabama. Part of staying true to this mission is by honoring and adhering to sound business practices and by measuring value
against what’s most important to our members/borrowers.
The Association will adhere to the mission by:
- Being consistent with sound business practices.
- Maintaining the viability of a strong dependable lending organization.
- Measuring each action for its value to the member/borrower, both individually and collectively.
- Following the seven cooperative principles.
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans.
- 401K Plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program.
- Accommodations and flexible vacation and sick days.
- Up to $800/year health and wellness reimbursement.
- Employer-paid life insurance disability.
- 100% tuition reimbursement.
- 12 paid association holidays.
- Company-paid clothing allowance.
- Flexible sick leave.
Life at Alabama Farm Credit
We are an aggressively growing Farm Credit association, rapidly approaching $1 billion in assets. Alabama Farm Credit is dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities, where our employees have the opportunity to make a personal impact on people
and communities where we do business.