Work With Us
Who Are We
AFC is driven by the desire to make our customers successful. This can be mostly attributed to how many of our employees are also involved with agriculture or have farming background. I get up every morning excited to go to work because I get to help the Ag community and my co-workers.
Company culture is like no other. Everyone is so helpful and courteous. I can tell everyone enjoys the work they get to do. Really like a family at the office.
Alabama Farm Credit treats is employees and members like family. It is what sets us apart from every other business. Your voice is heard, your opinion matters and your hard work is rewarded.
People say they want a career a not just a job and that is something Alabama Farm Credit provides. I interned in 1995, and was hired full time in 1997. Since then, I've gained a background in legal documents, real estate titles, appraisals, and underwriting and farming operations ranging from wineries to timberland and a great deal in between. I've worked in two offices and made loans in over 20 Alabama counties. We're always growing and adjusting to meet our member and industry needs. AFC gave me a chance to have a career in agriculture that I didn't realize was possible growing up on the farm. And, I've made lifelong friends along the way.
We have grown significantly over the last few years but, throughout, we have somehow managed to maintain a family atmosphere. The employees truly care about each other on both a personal and professional level. It is a great feeling to be able to work with people and for a company that makes you feel appreciated, and places value on investing in you. The spirit of teamwork is unlike anywhere I've ever worked.
Our Core Values
Our mission at Alabama Farm Credit is to be the premier lender of Rural Agricultural Credit and Financial Services in North Alabama. Part of staying true to this mission is by honoring and adhering to sound business practices and by measuring value against what’s most important to our members/borrowers.
The Association will adhere to the mission by:
- Being consistent with sound business practices.
- Maintaining the viability of a strong dependable lending organization.
- Measuring each action for its value to the member/borrower, both individually and collectively.
- Following the seven cooperative principles.
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans.
- 401K Plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program.
- Accommodations and flexible vacation and sick days.
- Up to $400/year health and wellness reimbursement.
- Employer-paid life insurance disability.
- 100% tuition reimbursement.
- 12 paid association holidays.
- Company-paid clothing allowance.
- Flexible sick leave.